11.06.2010

Moshed Potatoes


I participated in a sick pot-luck dinner Friday night.

Everyone made dishes and somehow I ended up in a program with a whole bunch of top chefs. Becca and I made spinach-stuffed mushrooms (yeah, I hope your mouth is watering right now). I wish I could describe how awesome everything was. The highlights include beer-battered bread, mac and cheese gnocchi (way to go Matt), and veggie pasta. It was great, though. We rearranged the tables in the main hut to accommodate everyone. I felt kind of mature because at one point, someone made a toast. How adult of us.

Afterwards, a few of the Czech students who take classes with the architecture students took us out to a pub called popo-cafe-petl. It was a music bar and let's just say, we are big fans of music bars. Eva, one of the Czech girls, made a large reservation so we sat at tables and everything. When everyone eventually arrived (we came in waves), everyone was secretly stuffed from dinner and avoiding drinking heavily. As soon as we started to dance off the calories, though, the party started hopping. And let me just say, the DJ was legit. Homeboy was playing every range of music you could imagine. At one point, we even started raging so hardcore that we were moshing. When I say "we," I am not actually meaning me. I took pictures from the side:

So yeah. This night will definitely end up in the Top 5 Nights Abroad category. It was really fun. I think it may have been the people we met this night, too. I met the British guys in the red and blue shirts in the picture above at the bar. One of them slapped Becca's tush, and let me tell you- she didn't enjoy their company anymore. However, don't worry because her mood got better when the DJ came out of nowhere and whispered into her ear, "you are so fucking beautiful." Hahah. Another highlight would be when Peter, one of the guys from State who was visiting someone here whips out fluent Czech. He asked this group of people to move from the table we reserved. It was so funny for some reason because this boy, with a legit southern accent, can speak fluent Czech. Also, we were not even an hour into the night when one girl who were dancing with just stops dancing, looks at us and says, "I'm tired now. Bye." And she just left! What the?!

We started this party around 9pm, so by the time it was 12:30, I was exhausted and ready for bed. We made the tram before it switched over to the night tram schedule. Pret-ty impressive.

I spent all of Friday and Saturday roaming around the city. I actually sat down and leisurely sketched on Friday. Marketa, the drawing teacher, would be proud. Although, the outcome was not pretty. It was absolutely beautiful that day though. I got a few pictures because who could resist a scenery like this:
Did I mention that my camera broke so I take pictures blindly? It's actually pretty fun now that I've gotten over being bitter about it. I upload my photos quickly too because I can't resist looking at what I captured.

Anyway, today I returned to a cafe I found while exploring on Friday. It's called Cafe Ebel and it has bagels. BAGELS. I miss genuine Jewish bagels, but this was a pretty good substitute. I brought my computer and did a lot of work today. It's been nice being surrounded by smart people because they help me edit my essays.

In other news, I moved rooms. I am now living in a single all the way upstairs. I realize I've been a little spoiled living on the main floor with my bathroom just around the corner. You see, there is only a "gentleman's" bathroom on this floor. I have to hike naked to the floor below when I shower. I've been sneaking into the boys room to go to the bathroom, though. This proved problematic today when I snuck in without realizing there was already an old man in there. He starts hacking up a lung. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't stop giggling. But have you ever tried to suppress laughter? You end up laughing harder. I snorted by accident and homeboy stopped hacking, but he didn't leave. I ended up staying in there for approximately 20 minutes because I didn't want to reveal I was female to him. Let's just say, I haven't used it since.

I went to Radost for dinner tonight. Angels sang. It's a vegetarian restaurant with too much good food to be safe. I got pesto potatoes. Just imagine that for a little while. Afterwards, I watched "Bright Star" with Bryan, Maggie, and Jenny. That movie is a guilty pleasure cry if I've ever experienced one. So, hopefully after a mellow night, I'll have an adventure tomorrow.

Welp, I've got nothin' else good for now, but next time I have a wild endeavor, I'll keep you in the loop, blog.

1 comment:

  1. Idon't know what it is about these Design and Architecture students but damn are they amazing chefs!

    ReplyDelete